[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help

4 years

Ask for any help about Ford Focus Mk3 (2011) in English.

This topic is mainly for people who can't speak Russian - you can ask for any help and we will try to help you.

Also check our most popular topic for international visitors: Ford Sync 3 - multimedia and navigation (RU) - it's in Russian but you may use Google Translate to post, it's ok there 🙂
en_ffclub, fast help

ter
28 May 2005

[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help
views
members
D-K
25 September 2017

fratello

See attached picture, remove in that order and then the screw fixtures of the climate control panel will be exposed.
posted image

Prior to removal of trim piece "3", the passenger side panel needs to be removed.
Center console piece "4" can be removed without removal of driver side panel.
fratello
25 September 2017

Thank you ! So I need to dismantle 1/4 of habitacle !
askn99
27 September 2017

merhaba aracm focus 3 titanyum smart tekno paket aracn n camnda erit takip ve dier sistemler iin kamera var yalnz trafik iaret tanma sistemini altramadm. foCCCus ile 240 parametresini aktif etim menlerde ald ancak aktif oluyor yardmlarnz bekliyorum teekkrler
askn99
27 September 2017

hello aracm focus 3 titanium smart techno package для отслеживания полосы ветрового стекла и камеры для других систем. Я открыл систему распознавания сигнала трафика foCCCus с 240 параметрами. Кажется, он находится в меню, но он неактивен.
PRP
6 October 2017

Hi, I need help with updating the software dead ACM module (radio). I have the VBF files, I also have a UCDS. But I do not know in what order to load them in "VBF File Loader" in UCDS.
Here's the update with the three files:
AM5T-14C044-HS.vbf - 648kb
AM5T-14C047-CA.vbf - 3kb
AM5T-14G316-AC.vbf - 505kb

Please someone if you can tell me the sequence of loading in UCDS.
I only know that this file AM5T-14C047-CA.vbf is SBL.
D-K
6 October 2017

PRP

AM5T-14C047-CA.vbf - SBL
AM5T-14C044-HS.vbf - ECU software (main)
AM5T-14G316-AC.vbf - ECU software (signals)
rfr78
7 October 2017

Hi!

I have changed my old 2 line Display to 4" colour + SONY Panel recently (DM5T-18b955-GB)
CD remain old one.
Same with Dashboard cluster - changed to one with bigger screen F1Ft-xxx

When I lock the car clock is reset to 2013-08 year with 2-15 hour.
Do you know where can be a problem?

ps. i have NOKIA ck-100 bluetooth system connected.
many thanks!
AuRoN89
28 October 2017

Hi guys, next week i'll replace my Sync 2 system with a Sync 3. I know that the sync 3 need an auxiliary fakra GPS antenna, because GPSM module used with the Sync 2 isn't compatible... and in fact sync 3 vehicle doesn't contain this module.

I'd like to use ONE antenna only... can someone explain to me why GPSM module isn't compatible and if there is a way to use OEM antenna?

Thanks
Universe
28 October 2017

AuRoN89
GPSM (current GPS signal transmitter) is a CAN-base device. It is connected to MS-can. It takes GPS data from the air, transform it to CAN signals and so APIM can recieve it in adopted form. This is also the point how does IPC show COMPASS.

SYNC3 has usual GPS data processing. It has specific FAKRA jack for GPS (not GPSM) antenna.
You can use any GPS antenna but I tested about 5 different samples. Not all work fine.
AuRoN89
28 October 2017

Universe
So, the best solution is buy the OEM GPS antenna from ford (which is included in the FM antenna) and replace it. The problem will be bring the kafra to the sync 3...

Also, how the new IPC is getting GPS information then??

Can you link an antenna that worked fine with Sync 3??

Thanks you.
Universe
28 October 2017

I`d propose that SYNC3 processes GPS signal to CAN.

I use OEM roof GPS antenna (from prefacelift) and it works fine with SYNC3.
AuRoN89
28 October 2017

Universe
Thank you very much for these informations.

Best choice is buy OEM Sync 3 antenna and put it nuder the cockpit since my focus is an MK3.5 and have the windshield antenna.
AuRoN89
29 October 2017

Universe
Do you know how to enable IPC Compass with Forscan?? I know that in UCDS there is a simple menu that allow the user to enable/disable it... but i only have an ELS27 interface so.. i'm limited to focccus and forscan

Thanks you
AuRoN89
31 October 2017

Ok guys, just if it could be usefull these are the correct value to enable compass on IPC:
720-08-01 x9xx xxxx xx
720-35-01 xxxx xFxx xx

Universe
This are OEM GPS + Cable for Sync 3 part number... i'm not 100% sure about these codes but looks like they are correct. Can you confirm?
GCPT-19C175-AA - 2038339 - Antenna GPS Sync 3
H1ET 18812-DAA - 2048745 - Antenna Cable
Universe
31 October 2017

AuRoN89
Your words are very similiar to be true.

These photos were found by the part numbers:

posted imageposted image

As I understood this antenna is to be mounted on the windshield.
AuRoN89
31 October 2017

Universe
That's the only pictures i found on the WHOLE internet too

What's is REALLY strange is that if you use VIN code from a Focus with SYNC 3 on microcat (or ecat), it report these parts as INCOMPATIBLE)...

But if you disable the VIN filter, the descriptions clearly says GPS Antenna Sync 3, and Sync 3 Antenna Cable, with FOCUS 2014 from 10/2016!
Looks like some cars may use these parts and some may not, even if they are all with OEM SYNC 3!!
Really strange!

Anyway, i ordered the parts... will let you know as soon as they arrives.
dazst250
1 November 2017mobile

Early sync 3 cars did use a simple gps antenna but if you look at newer 2017 focus it now uses a different aerial with built in gps.
AuRoN89
1 November 2017

dazst250
That's explain all then... but look at these pics.

This is an aerial antenna mounted on a 2017 ford focus with Sync 3 that based on ecat (microcat) IS NOT compatible with the windshield antenna, as you can see there are 2 plugs, the black one with should be the AM/FM/TMC and the blue one that should be the DAB+ radio.
Then, where is the GPS?
posted imageposted image
Universe
1 November 2017

AuRoN89
Blue is GPS
AuRoN89
1 November 2017

Universe, dazst250
Thanks guys, really appreciate your help.

Just one last thing, i can't find the FINIS number for the fakra cable that goes from the aerial antenna to the sync. Anyone know it??
dazst250
2 November 2017mobile

Just buy off eBay an extension cable
AuRoN89
10 November 2017

Universe, dazst250
Hello guys, it's me.. again
I saw that Ford released an official TSB for upgrade Sync 2 to Sync 3 (currently RS model only... but that doesn't matter lol).

This is the russian document
http://tsb.red-ford.ru/files/2017-10-23_17-1009.pdf

The guide talk about a required cable which is called "Cable Assembly", FINIS CODE: 1823821 (USA CODE: CV6T 18812-CAA) the problem is that there no mentions of this cable in the mount/dismount procedure... i did some research of this finis code and this is the cable. What is this used for?? And why it require a replace?
posted imageposted image

Also, one last thing regarding the antenna... Ford sugget to use the FINIS CODE: 1877488 (USA CODE: C1BT-19C175-AB) which is this one:
posted imageposted image

I have already bought the one listed some posts above... FINIS CODE: 2038339 (USA CODE GCPT-19C175-AA) which is this one:
posted imageposted image

As you can see from these pictures they look EXACTLY the same... do you think this could work fine??

Thanks for your help
rfr78
15 November 2017

Guys!

Do you know what parameter should I change to activate GPSM (DE8T-19H463-BB) module via FOCCUS?
Is it doable or should I look for someone with UCDS?
My car is Foccus'2013.
regards
rfr78
brum83
6 December 2017

rfr78
Focccus can edit as-build only. GPSM don`t need it. GPSM is used by IPC and APIM. So only pyrpose that you can get fron GPSM is a compass on IPC and following navi route through tunnels. Both of this is activating via direct config and foccus can`t do it. You should use forscan or UCDS or IDS.
rfr78
7 December 2017

B
brum83:

rfr78
So only pyrpose that you can get fron GPSM is a compass on IPC and following navi route through tunnels. Both of this is activating via direct config and foccus can`t do it. You should use forscan or UCDS or IDS.

OK than - I have ForScan and search the internet for answer what to change to have COMPASS on IPC (FF MK3 restyle) with no luck
There is information about it but for other cars (F-150) but not for FF3.

anyone?
D-K
9 December 2017

rfr78

Here is the FORScan IPC "module configuation" (not AsBuilt) data to enable compass info on IPC.

720-08-01 x9xx xxxx xx
720-35-01 xxxx xFxx xx
rfr78
10 December 2017

It is working!
Many thx!!!
askn99
22 December 2017mobile

hello there is BM5T-19H406-AG camera does not recognize only traffic signs in my car. how to do the module configuration how should the values please help
Universe
23 December 2017

askn99
first of all let us know if you changed an Asbuilt configuration properly?
kuhler
10 January 2018

Hi.
I have Focus 2011-2014 and problem with SDcard in navigation MFD 5.
A few months ago I replaced a 2-line display on MFD 5 '. I fitted SYNC1.1, SONY panel, voice control, cruise control, GPSM and several other functions. The central configuration of the car (AsBuild) was adapted to the current configuration of the car. Everything is working properly.

Now I bought an SD card with the map "FORD MFD 2017 NAVIGATION SYSTEM SD CARD EUROPE + TURKEY" on eBay and I tried to start the navigation. Unfortunately, after inserting the card into the slot in MFD, the message "Data error. Check SD card" is displayed. In the engineering mode of the display, the card is not visible, it is not "mounted".

posted image

The seller sent me another card but the second one does not work either.

My question is whether in a car that was originally without navigation, after mounting the MFD 5 display and setting the new configuration in AsBuild I have to change something else to make the SD card map read properly?

Or maybe the cards are damaged or incorrect? But both?

Regards Jacek.

2 people online

2 people online

up