[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help

4 years

Ask for any help about Ford Focus Mk3 (2011) in English.

This topic is mainly for people who can't speak Russian - you can ask for any help and we will try to help you.

Also check our most popular topic for international visitors: Ford Sync 3 - multimedia and navigation (RU) - it's in Russian but you may use Google Translate to post, it's ok there 🙂
en_ffclub, fast help

ter
28 May 2005

[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help
views
members
Universe
16 August 2017

arunparthan
According to your original PART NUMBER your car has PETROL engine and KM/h instrument cluster. If you want to have the same SPECS look for BM5T-10849-BJ* clusters
arunparthan
16 August 2017

Thank you for your suggestion,

Actually I want to swap my monochrome type 1 cluster to a color TFT type 3 cluster. is it possible to re-flash the firmware on the new US cluster?

My current cluster display only shows odoo & trip with trip reset button. so i am going to swap the steering wheel & airbag as well to have control swithes for the new TFT cluster.
Universe
16 August 2017

arunparthan
US cluster needs to reflash EEPROM too. Are you sure you are enough skilled for this?
arunparthan
16 August 2017

Actually I am pretty much confident, as i am an IT / electronics engineer. but new to car electronics..could you please help me with the procedures? Is it possible to do it out of the car?
kuhler
16 August 2017

Hi.
Rear view camera display. Display EM5T-18B955-RA support input standard video signal on pins 6 and 12. This featue is only in EM5T-18B955-RA or in all series 4,2' EM5T-18B955-xx?
Universe
16 August 2017

arunparthan
In three words if you want to install US Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) you have to flash into it:
- EU eeprom
- Main and additional software
- car`s configuration - Direct config and Reserve Copy of the AsBuilt
Universe
16 August 2017

kuhler
Too wide question for me in fact.
arunparthan
16 August 2017mobile

Universe
Thanks for your prompt response.
Can you please advise the procedures if there is any thread or link to follow.

All these can be done with focccs and a good 500k elm327?
Universe
16 August 2017

arunparthan
I don`t advice to use ELM327 for this procedure at all. Too long and most probably may be dead.

Anyway, we are brave soldiers so..
Here is a link to SW download - https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com...uct=IDS

Latest calibrations are:
BM5T-14C025-BD - sbl (secondary bootloader)
BM5T-14C026-BBD - main
BM5T-14C026-ACC - graphic
BM5T-14C026-AFE - calibration

I have not EEPROM, as it is built-in to UCDS program.

And direct configuration can be copied from ETIS Asbuilt

Here is a IPC topic - Панель приборов
arunparthan
16 August 2017mobile

Thank you my friend,

Is it possible to upgrade my existing type1 IPC firmware to have trip computer as in type 2.

And to get steering controls and cruise display as well...If yes please suggest me the correct files
fabriani
16 August 2017

I would like to have on my Focus MK3 facelift(2015) the warning snow light as I had on Mondeo MK3 , namely:
- red snow light below 0 degrees Celsius
- yellow snow light greater than 0 degrees and less than 4 degrees Celsius
Can it be done? How?

Now, it only shows yellow, starting from 4 degrees down.

I have read what wjtwjc wrote:

"If you want to get the red and yellow snowflake light just flash BU firmware."

I do not exactly understand what he means. Please, can anybody explain me step by step what should I do?
Thanks.
arunparthan
16 August 2017

Universe:

I have Small screen IPC with trip reset button, no other options.

I do not want to replace the IPC. I want to update my IPC firmware to have trip computer and cruise control.

Please suggest me the files and update order. ELM327 500K is ok for this update?
arunparthan
16 August 2017

Universe

I have Small screen IPC with trip reset button, no other options.

I do not want to replace the IPC. I want to update my IPC firmware to have trip computer and cruise control.

Please suggest me the files and update order. ELM327 500K is ok for this update?
AuRoN89
20 August 2017

Hi guys, i have a problem with a A Cruise Control + LIM Retrofit.
I performed the installation on a Ford Focus ST MK3.5 PETROL engine without any problem.
Now, i'm trying the same on a ST MK3.5 DIESEL engine but it wont work.
I have doneexactly the same steps performed during the installation on the petrol ST... but no luck.

Dunno what's the problem.. any suggetion?
cavallo76
20 August 2017

AuRoN89
Tana per auron
highway61ie
20 August 2017

Hi Folks,
I'm looking for HELP please !!!
Can you supply the pinout for the media hub for Sync that sits in the armrest compartment.
Any instructions I could find seem to have a 12 pin connector where mine has eight .
I only want to connect the +5v and 0v pins .
It has one USB ,SD card slot and Line in on the front and 2 USB and 8 pin socket on the back .The 12 pin version has two USB on the front .
Pictures are of the one I have .
Any help appreciated .
posted imageposted image
cavallo76
20 August 2017

highway61ie
Pinout 8 pin
posted image

Pinout 12 pin
posted image
highway61ie
21 August 2017

Thank you sir for your quick Response .Exactly what I needed .I couldn't find this anywhere and didn't want to take a guess on 1 and 8 and blow up the car :-)
Brendan.
Pepsi1
22 August 2017

Hello,

I need some help please. I installed a bose spare wheel subwoofer. I took signal from the rear left speaker, i connected it to power and chassis but the level is very low. what did i do wrong?

Thank you!
PredatorVII
22 August 2017mobile

Pepsi1
I suppose you don't have external amplifier and another problem rear speaker cut off low frequency that is used for sub.
Pepsi1
22 August 2017

It is an active subwoofer. I will try to take the signal from the front speaker and see if something changes. thank you!
Pepsi1
22 August 2017

I took the signal from the front speaker, it worked! thank you all!
oasked
25 August 2017

Hello, I want to enable cruise control on my Mk3.5 Focus (built November 2016). If I change the 'as-built' data using the Foccus software (and ELM327), will it work?

Does Focccus (v.0.8.6) work with the newest Ford software?

Thanks / благодаря
fratello
29 August 2017

Hi ! Im newbie here, please forget me for using english ...
I have FF MK3 hatchback from 11.2011 , with radio "basic". My VIN : WF0KXXGCBKBU62200
I bought these :
-ACM = BM5T-18C815-GF
-Bluetooth = BM5T-14D212-DC
-FCDIM = F1BT-18B955-DB
-frame
-cable = BK2T-14C007 - AEJ (pictures below )
I need advice ... about how to put all this together for upgrading to Nav and reverse camera !
Should I cut this cable and re-connect it according to the correct connection diagram? Or can it be used as it is, without changes ? There are some connectors that do not know their meaning ...
I know the two CD sockets, the USB cable, the BT module socket ... But what's the other sockets for ? Can anyone help me with tips, how can I use this cable ?
Thanks in advance ! Regards !
fratello
29 August 2017

Pictures with cable :
posted imageposted imageposted imageposted imageposted imageposted imageposted image
brum83
29 August 2017

fratello
It seems that wiring you got is from tourneo. So you have to modify it. You should follow this : Hands Free - bluetooth, штатный и нештатный (сообщение #14641940)
also you need gps-antenna. you can use authentic or buy any cheap china-made antenna on ebay or aliexpress.
as for camera i`m not sure, but i think that you should try to set in as-build "with rear camera" and see what will happen when you move selector to R position. If screen goes black it`ll mean that you can use china-made camera. If not it`ll mean that you should buy authentic camera and camera module.
fratello
30 August 2017

Thank you, brum83, for reply ! Yes, I think the cable is from Tourneo ...How long (approximately) must be the cable ?? ..I have non-oem GPS antenna.
APIM is the BT module ? GPSM ..what is this ? Where is located ? And where is located Module Communications Network ?
It's a bit confusing for me ... I would have a complete diagram of connections between the different modules.Maybe that's how I can handle the connection cable.
Thanks ! Regards !
brum83
30 August 2017

fratello
The lenght is about 30 - 50 cm for the main routing (between sync connector ond ACM connector) and a little more for bus and power wires. And microphone of course.
APIM is the BM (Sync) module.
GPSM is the compass (You could buy one or contiue without - it helps when you are moving through tunnels etc.)
Module Communications Network do not have lacation - it is a bus (wires, connecting different modules). One of it (I-can on diagram) Blue-Grey and Violet-Grey you should find on ACM or Screen connector another one (HS-can) White and White-Blue in the floor wiring.

follow the link, i`ve posted - you`ll find diagram there.

If i were you i`ll start from unwinding wiring.
fratello
1 September 2017

So ... so far, so good ! Unwinding wiring ... I have identified all the cables in the APIM plug.I identified the USB cable, the microphone jack, the AUX jack.
Next step = where to connect wires ??
- 1 APIM (+) - to pin 1 ACM ???
- 37 and 38 APIM (GND) - to pin 13 ACM ???
- 16 and 17 APIM (I_CAN) - to pins 14 and 15 ACM ???
- 53 and 54 APIM (HS CAN) - to similar colour wires in the floor connector ???

Thanks !!!
posted imageposted imageposted imageposted imageposted imageposted image
kuhler
3 September 2017

Hi
SYNC1.1 did not support speech recognition in Polish. Recently appeared cars with SYNC1.1 that support this language.
Does anyone know or can check whether SYNC modules D1BT-14D212-RA, E1BT-14D212-RA and D1BT-14D212-RB are SYNC v 5.10 and have speech recognition in Polish? Modules produced 09-2016 and 02-2017.

1 person online

1 person online

up