[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help

4 years

Ask for any help about Ford Focus Mk3 (2011) in English.

This topic is mainly for people who can't speak Russian - you can ask for any help and we will try to help you.

Also check our most popular topic for international visitors: Ford Sync 3 - multimedia and navigation (RU) - it's in Russian but you may use Google Translate to post, it's ok there 🙂
en_ffclub, fast help

ter
28 May 2005

[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help
views
members
tracer
4 March 2017

gonghao

I guess We need to compare resistance for FL and preLift buttons manete.
gonghao
4 March 2017

tracer

Both MK3 and MK3.5 may not work, but some other MK3.5 work well (1.5 EcoBoost with AT) which I've seen.
gonghao
4 March 2017

tracer

p.s. If I DO NOT change SASM and Steering wheel to 2015 facelift, the buttons work well. Because I need the Steering Wheel heating, I changed the SASM and Steering wheel to 2015 facelift.
arkanoid
4 March 2017mobile

gonghao

tracer
What asbuilt file you've download to new bcm? The original one?
tracer
4 March 2017

arkanoid

Yes I had an orginal one with mods I have done. Perhaps that is some tip... I will give a try perhaps tomorrow.
gonghao
4 March 2017mobile

arkanoid

I've tried both my original asbuilt or 2015 facelift asbuilt, nothing differernt
tracer
4 March 2017

gonghao

So We need to check Resistance after button press but I still do NOT understand... We have all new modules in cars and even that it does not work.

I checked Direct Config for CCM and other things from FaceLift 2015 VIN car and there is no diffrence.
gonghao
4 March 2017mobile

tracer

I've checked resistance of buttons and they all are same the standard value on PTS. I believe the buttons are all in good conditions.

I'm so confused with this problem nearly half year I try everything I can think, but nothing worked.
tracer
4 March 2017

gonghao

No idea then what cause it. My idea is only PCM calibration.
arkanoid
4 March 2017mobile

Are facing the same problem on 2013 K2. Only changed are sasm and hot steering wheel. But sympthoms are the same: + and lim are "dead". Anybody tryied "old" steering wheel with the new setup? Any difference?
gonghao
4 March 2017mobile

tracer

But I found the signal on BCM DID is incorrect, there is no data changed on BCM 0x4128 when monitored with IDS or FoCCCus. If the BCM didn't post these signal to HSCAN, the CCM wouldn't work. On the other hand, same PCM, CCM and BCM, but different SASM and steering wheel buttons, in such situation, the buttons work perfectly. I cannot suppose is it related to PCM, on the contrary I do doubt about BCM and SASM.
tracer
5 March 2017

gonghao

I checked MY2015 Car and it has:

CCM: F1FT-9G768-AD F1FT-14D049-AC
SASM: F1FT-3F818-BC F1FT-14C309-AC
IPC F1ET-10849-BLH F1ET-14C026-ABH
BCM: F1DT-14A073-EF F1DT-14C094-AF

The same which I ve got.
gonghao
5 March 2017

tracer

Yes, exactly same, but do not work
gonghao
5 March 2017

tracer

I have a network message chart about the how the ACC work between modules, here it is:

posted image

You can see the switches signal first goes to SASM directly, and then SASM transforms the signal to LIN circuit then sent to BCM. Here is the official document about this from PTS:

цитата:
Steering Wheel Switches

The cruise control steering wheel mounted switches are momentary contact switches that toggle up and down for the switch state. The switches are an input to the SASM. The switch signals are sent across a dedicated LIN circuit to the BCM, which sends messages on the HS-CAN to the PCM to control the cruise control system.
tracer
5 March 2017

gonghao
So we need to check diffrent SASM.

My expirience:

I have installed FL SASM on:

1.6 EB with manual transmission with normal Cruise Control with ASL - LIM button is not working.
1.6 EB with manual transmission with ACC -> RES+ and LIM button is not working

In both cases LIM button is not working. SASM is diffrent on both cars - One is Full with Heating line assist, other one is simple one along only with Cruise control ( manetes are diffrent as well )
gonghao
6 March 2017

tracer

I still have no idea about that

I've tried many types SASM(Normal, with LKA, with LKA & Steering Wheel Heating), and two types buttons(ACC w/Lim and ACC without/Lim).

None of the combination works.
tracer
6 March 2017

gonghao

by the way,

Boost / Oil Temperature / Oil Presure ( from ST or RS ) works fine on 1.5 EB and 1.6 EB ( KUGA ) but it does not work on FF MK3 1.6 EB do You have an idea why ?
How can I check problem ?

Do You have communication diagram or some tip how to check it ?
gonghao
7 March 2017

Here is the diagram for ICM:
posted image

It just uses HS-CAN to work and it looks quite simple. Because there is no EB model for MK3 in China, so I don't have any idea about it.
gonghao
7 March 2017

tracer
tracer
7 March 2017

gonghao

Thanks I have connect it same way but it does not work.
gonghao
15 March 2017

T
tracer:

gonghao

Thanks I have connect it same way but it does not work.

I have no idea about the ICM which communicates directly with HS-CAN, maybe it's related to HSCAN and PCM?

p.s. Do you have any new discovery about the ACC buttons?
tracer
17 March 2017

gonghao
No changes. I have no idea why it does not work but my suspection is only PCM.

Regards
cavallo76
26 March 2017

Anyone know finish or part number of antenna for AM5T-18828-EB base? This base have M6 thread pitch.
cavallo76
28 March 2017

Universe
Hello dear. Is possible mount sync 2 (of mk3 restayl)
posted image
on mk3?
Universe
29 March 2017

cavallo76
Yes it is. I did it many times. Lower part of the main panel has to be shortened a bit.
cavallo76
29 March 2017

Universe
There is wiring part number?
Can you give me all part number of hardware for navi?
Universe
29 March 2017

cavallo76
Sorry I haven`t. It is a manual work.
Илья_37
29 March 2017

cavallo76
cavallo76
30 March 2017

Universe
There is guide for upgrade?
cavallo76