[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help

4 years

Ask for any help about Ford Focus Mk3 (2011) in English.

This topic is mainly for people who can't speak Russian - you can ask for any help and we will try to help you.

Also check our most popular topic for international visitors: Ford Sync 3 - multimedia and navigation (RU) - it's in Russian but you may use Google Translate to post, it's ok there 🙂
en_ffclub, fast help

ter
28 May 2005

[EN] Focus Mk3 (2011) quick help
views
members
FLA
30 December 2016

Hello,

I've changed my old 3,5" display by new one colour display 4.2" AM5T-18B955-CH and I have BT/USB modul on my C-Max 2011, display has a FAKRA connector , my question is if the chinese reverse camera will be working correctly. Do I have to chabge the FW or just plug and play? thank you
Universe
30 December 2016

FLA
Hi
the chineese camera will work correctly BUT it needs to flash the LCD with one of the modified software. One of them iwas made by Quickie (presented in ADS) and the second by DarkLeo (presented in UCDS).
FLA
30 December 2016

Thanx for fast feedback, I have ELM327 USB , there is no possible to do it with Forscan or Focccus?
Universe
31 December 2016

FLA
No way. Sorry about that.
leonada2008
2 January 2017

How can I get SYNC2 navigation license???
csalee01
16 January 2017

hello, i keep getting this same error "vbf check sum error" every single time i try to read the bcm. i have tried to change the can time out with no luck. here is my log i hope you can help me thank you.

Скрытый текст
ajmsa
14 February 2017

hello guys
i hope that u can set English language on the website as 2nd language
because i cant find the foccccs app or the scan
also I'm beginner here
also i don't know wt type of devices may i use to connect car to pc
Universe
14 February 2017

ajmsa
Hello

The Ford Focus Club (site|forum) is not associated with focccs and or forscan program. They have not official relation.
For support please refer to their site.
LadislavH
14 February 2017

Hi,
I would like to update FW in IPC on Focus MK3 2011 (EU version).
My IPC is on this version now:
HW: BM5T-14C226-BC
App: BM5T-14C026-BK

I downloaded these files from internet:
BM5T-14C026-ACC — Pictures / Sounds / Quad Layout
BM5T-14C026-AFE — Calibration / EEPROM
BM5T-14C026-BBD — Firmware

My question: Are these downloaded files right for update of IPC in my car?

Thank you for response.
semiho
23 February 2017

Hi all,

I changed my 2 line display to 4.2" screen and installed the SYNC module to my 2015 Focus without any problem. Microphone, 2nd USB and AUX, bluetooth and all other functions related to SYNC works great.

I also installed GPSM. I checked with ForScan, I can see it in installed modules list.

However SYNC keeps saying on every start "Emergency assistance doesn't work, please see your dealer for service". Also I can change Emergency assistance setting in park, when the car moves it become disabled.

Are there any settings in central config related with that? What is wrong? Any help will be great.
semiho
25 February 2017

Today I solved the problem by re-programming the RCM and emergency assist notification magically disappeared.
thodoris
28 February 2017

Hello,

I would like to add to my FF3 2015 (facelift), the following:
ACS
TSR/Lane Keep
Rain/Light sensor
heated windshield

Right now I have this in the middle of the windshield (only GPS module for the 8 inches screen):
posted image

is it possible to do such a thing?
Which parts should I change/add for each one? Appart from buttons/switches, wiring and windshield, should I need any other parts? Like ABS module etc?

Thanks
semiho
28 February 2017

thodoris

Theoretically you can do all you want with correct parts and wiring. Rain and light sensor and heated windshield are relatively less complicated than others. Some of my friends already done them in Turkey.
thodoris
28 February 2017

semiho

Thanks for the info.
Regarding ACS and TSR-Lane Keeping aid (which share the same sensor as far as I understand), would I need anything other than cabling/wiring, the sensor and indicator switch (this switch only for the lane keeping aid)?

Regarding heating windscreen, do you see in the picture below, the connectors (I think there should be two) that need to be connected for the system to work? Are they in the top part or the bottom part of the windshield?
posted image

Is it possible to enable them through focccus and/or forscan?

Thanks
semiho
28 February 2017

thodoris

I didnt searched what is needed for ACS, lane keeping etc. so I can't tell you exactly what you need. For heated windscreen, as far as I know there are two connectors bottom of the windscreen. You should also find climate panel with heated windscreen button. And yes you can activate with focccus.

I don't know do you use or not, but microcat is your best friend You can find 2016 version easily with a little search in web. Your car's current wiring is quite important. Some cars are more equipped by factory build.
gonghao
4 March 2017

T
tracer:

I have MY 2014 FF mk3.

I have installed:

BCM from FaceLift 2015
IPC from FaceLift 2015
SASM from FaceLift 2015
Park Assist 2.0 Face Lift 2015
Sync2 Face Lift 2015
Steering Wheel from Face Lift 2015

I have an issue that RES button from Cruise Control does not work.

Your car is MY 2015 ? The radar You installed is Face Lift and Face Lift car ?

Hi tracer,

I met the same problems with you. All related parts are from 2015 facelift, but the RES/+ and LIM on/off buttons DO NOT work, but others work well. I cannot set the speed for ACC with RES + button, but - button.

Have you solved this problem?

Thanks.
gonghao
4 March 2017

Серый

Hi, Have you met the problem that the LIM and RES + buttons DO NOT work, but others work well? All related ACC parts are from 2015 Facelift.

Thanks.
arkanoid
4 March 2017mobile

G
gonghao:

Серый

Hi, Have you met the problem that the LIM and RES + buttons DO NOT work, but others work well? All related ACC parts are from 2015 Facelift.

Thanks.

What car do you have and which
parts did you exactly change?
gonghao
4 March 2017

A
arkanoid:

What car do you have and which
parts did you exactly change?

My car is Focus MKIII(2012). I've changed lots of parts:
ACC from 2015 Facelift (F1FT-)
BCM from 2015 Facelift (F1FT-)
SASM from 2015 Facelift (F1FT-)
Steering wheel and buttons from 2015 Facelift (ACC + Lim)

In IDS, no error. ACC also works well except two buttons invalid(RES/+ and LIM).

Thanks.
tracer
4 March 2017

gonghao

Yea.

I have ALL modules from C346MCA MY2016 include SDRL and APIM.

The 2 modules which I can NOT change are: PCM and PSCM.

I think problem is PCM... I am going to check resistance for instance to compare OLD vs NEW buttons for ACC.

Cheers
arkanoid
4 March 2017mobile

tracer
This is common problem sasm sends nothing to can when you press + or lim. 2015 IPC is also diffrent. Did you change it?
tracer
4 March 2017

arkanoid

Yes sure.

Here is my list:
Скрытый текст
gonghao
4 March 2017

tracer
arkanoid

SASM connect to BCM with LIN bus, I monitored the DID in BCM (0x4128, using FoCCCus or IDS), and I found that the BCM cannot get the signal with those two buttons' click. So I don't know is it a problem of SASM or BCM.

I also changed the 2015 IPC
tracer
4 March 2017

gonghao
I have BCM from Face Lift as well but it does not help.

Did you compare LIN Pin in C346 and C346MCA - is there any diffrence ?
gonghao
4 March 2017

tracer

The list looks like almost same with mine.
gonghao
4 March 2017

tracer

I checked the diagram, the LIN Pin is the same, both connect to BCM (C-3)
tracer
4 March 2017

gonghao
Before I had new SASM + Face Lift steering wheel with NORMAL Cruise Control and LIM and SET+ was not working as well.
gonghao
4 March 2017

tracer

I have a friend, whose car is original 2015 Facelift but lowest outfit (less PSCM and Manual Transmission), and he meets the same problem when try to add ACC.
tracer
4 March 2017

gonghao
My Car is 1.6 EcoBoost with Manual Transmission as well.
gonghao
4 March 2017

tracer

I remembered that the buttons for NORMAL CC without ASL works well, but buttons for ACC without ASL does not work either.

1 person online

1 person online

up